Halloween is all about candy, scary, fun decorations, and kids screaming. But all of these things can add up to a fun day for us and a fatal day for fur babies. The following notes, please be sure to read carefully before Halloween, do not let this happy day into a sad day.
Table fo Contents Hide
I Halloween is all about candy, scary, fun decorations, and kids screaming. But all of these things can add up to a fun day for us and a fatal day for fur babies. The following notes, please be sure to read carefully before Halloween, do not let this happy day into a sad day.
II Be Careful of Halloween Treats & Candy
III Be Careful of Halloween Decoration
Be Careful of Halloween Treats & Candy
Unlike cats, who are always picky for food, dogs are always willing to try anything that looks edible, and curiosity about food can get a dog killed, especially on Halloween.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the most popular Halloween candy, but all dog lovers know that the Theobromine in chocolate is dangerous to dogs and can lead to death in the worst cases. In particular, the darker the chocolate, the greater the risk. A calculator to quickly test the toxicity of chocolate is recommended. Chocolate Toxicity Calculator can help owners learn as soon as possible about a pet’s symptoms before contacting a veterinarian.
- Sugar-Free Candy: Don’t think sugar-free candy is harmless to dogs. Xylitol has long been promoted by health experts as a sugar substitute, but it’s not good for dogs. Xylitol is toxic to pets. Even very small amounts of it can cause pet low blood sugar and even liver failure.
- Healthy Snacks: Health-conscious people may distribute healthy snacks, such as raisins, on Halloween. Grapes and chocolate are on the dog’s list of inedible, even if it became a raisin! Small amounts of raisins can cause kidney failure in pets.
- Candy Wrappers: Dogs without access to sugar may lick candy wrappers or even swallow them directly into their bellies. Ingestion of foil and cellophane wrappers can cause intestinal obstruction and in severe cases may even require surgery.
Be Careful of Halloween Decoration
Scary decorations set the mood for Halloween, but you might want to watch out when your dog gets curious about them.
- Candles: Candles in jack-o-lanterns, if not specifically reinforced, can be knocked down and set on fire at any time by the agitated wagging tail.
- Glowing Decorations: Pet Poison Helpline receives feedback every year from pet owners that their pets are mouth foaming and bleeding as a result of chewing on glowing sticks.
- Halloween Costumes: Try not to wear costumes with bells or small parts. This can lead to choking hazards. Try to choose clothes that allow your pet to walk normally.
Be Careful of Halloween Trick
- Trick: You might find it funny to see a dog or cat scare to jumping up and down because of your unexpected shock, which can earn you a lot of traffic on TikTok. But be aware that this sudden, deliberate startle can actually cause a cat to go into cardiac arrest and die suddenly. In addition, if your dog is very timid shy, the scary atmosphere will make your dog nervous. It’s best to leave him alone in a familiar room (close the door so he doesn’t sneak out in a panic) and give him a chew toy or a snack to help distract him.
- Dog ID Tag: If You’re taking your dog trick with you for Halloween, be sure to bring his ID Tag, preferably one with a GPS location, such as the Apple Tag and keep your dog on a short leash.
Halloween can be fun, fun, and safe. Call your vet or Pet Poison Helpline if your Pet has any unusual behaviour, such as vomiting or shaking.